Monday, March 28, 2011

What's Lost Can Be Found

Lost: Adj. No longer in one's possession; no longer in evidence...

Checked a little further in the Dictionary and found that is says that when you "Possess" something you have "Custody" of it.

When I hear the word "Lost" in reference to my weight loss journey it doesn't sit right. To me, when you Lose something it means it has simply is no longer in your custody.

Custody can be returned, which means that possessions lost can be found.

I decided I needed a better word to describe my journey, so I checked the Thesaurus and I came up with a word I like even better.

Shed

Shed: to repel, as rain; to cast off by natural causes, as a snakes skin;
to get rid of;

Rid: to release or free from...

When a Snake "sheds" its skin, it is gone forever NEVER to return...

Shed, Rid, both words refer to permanent situations and now my word of choice.

I am NEVER going back

No comments:

Post a Comment