Sunday, November 7, 2010

Support

Part of my surgery education process was to attend a Bariatric Support Group.

The Group at Kaiser my health insurance was booked so I found another local group.
The first time I went I was hoping it would not be a bunch of whiners that would discourage me.

I should have had more faith, I am forgetting God is opening the doors for this journey in my life... How wrong I was, I found a wonderful group of people who were happy and grateful about their choice which made me even more grateful about mine.

Yesterday I went to my last support group before my surgery and I had some real questions I knew could only be answered by someone who had been through the procedure and sure enough,I got nothing but loving and encouraging answers.

I was blessed, and get this, I even let them take a progress picture of my BACKSIDE!! Yikes!!!

I didn't make a lot of friends in my surgical prep classes and I was looking around hoping to see some familiar faces but I did not.

Until my friend Aisha came in and announced the date for her surgery is November 16th the day before me! I was so excited and we decided we will walk the halls together and help each other along the way.

After the meeting was over my friend Cassandra came up to me and said she was seven days out from having her surgery and said she felt good. How encouraging it was to see that after just seven days she felt well enough to go to group.

I know I have been placed here for a reason, God loves his Troysie...

If you want to do something with me on the Second Saturday of a month, Sorry, I have plans. Hanging out with my new pals.

No comments:

Post a Comment