Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Graduation NSV's

I remember when my Cameron graduated from High School in 2007,I was in an absolute panic worrying about if I could make the walk in the stadium to watch his ceremony. I mapped out and stratigized the event,we got there early to get a good parking spot and all was well. Secretly, I hated that I was worried, but I got through it and it was fine...


In May, Cameron and his wife Beka graduated from College. We arrived to the ceremony late and had to park downhill in the far corner of the lot, walk about a mile uphill then climb stairs in the stadium...



In June,we were invited to our Nephew Stu's graduation from Mission Viejo High School...
The School is situated in the Mission Viejo hills which are STEEP!! The graduation was HUGE and the parking lots were full so we had to park on the street about a mile from the stadium. It was a long downhill walk...

After the ceremony we took a trek down onto the field to see Stu...




BUT... Then we realized we had to walk back to the car...

Tons of stairs in the stadium and a mile uphill back to where we parked...Yikes!!

I made it!!!! Huffing and puffing but I made it!!! I almost cried with joy...

Last year there was NO WAY I would have been able to make it back to the car...I probably would not have gone... That is indeed a pity, and I would have been sad...

Now at almost 100 lbs lighter, I feel that burden has greatly been lifted... What an amazing Non Scale Victory!!! I got to share in two very special graduations, Climbed Stairs and enjoyed the day... Just as it should be...


Congratulations Cam, Beka, and Stu...It was a greater Honor than you know to be there on your special days...

No comments:

Post a Comment