Thursday, June 24, 2010

I Want To Say... SURE

One of first things I had to do in this journey of mine was to fill out a soul searching questionnaire asking everything needed to determine if I would be a candidate for this surgery.

When I reached the question "Why do YOU want to lose weight?" It really got me thinking...

Of course I want all the obvious, better health, more energy etc... but then I realized the true reason why I want to lose weight...

I want to say... SURE!!!

"Troy, Come up stairs to see this..." Sure...

"Want to hold the baby in your lap?" Sure...

"Want to go for a walk?" Sure...

"Want to go to a musical at a vintage theater?" Sure...

"Want to take an airplane ride?" Sure...

"Want to ride a roller coaster?" Sure...

"Can you get up on that step stool and help me paint" Sure

"Want to take a stroll with on the beach and climb some rocks?" Sure...

"Here, take a seat" Sure...

"Want to take an exercise class with me?" Sure...

"Want to stand up in front of a crowd and speak at our ladies event?" Sure...

I try to pretend that I am not limited by my weight but the more I think about it this list can go on and on...

Why do I want to lose weight? Because I want to say... SURE

1 comment:

  1. I think those are excellent reasons for losing weight. I've been watching "losing it" with Jillian Michaels and the show is awesome. I love it. It's so important to take care of our bodies. And I think it's one more way for us to show our love and appreciation for God since he gave us this one body.

    I can tell you Troy that back in September when I first started going to the gym, I hated it. It took me two months to really begin to enjoy it and now I love it and I find myself longing to be there. It's just me and my thoughts and my music and I can let go of everything else and push myself. Plus it's one of the only times I get to be by myself and I enjoy it.

    BTW- I love your blog design, so cute!

    ReplyDelete