Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lord, Please Bless Me Today...

I am in week 10 of my 12 week course and I was told it was time for me to get my pre-op lab work done.

I really hate driving to my doctor's office, It is always very crowded and you can never find a parking place... blah blah blah. Let's face it, no one ever likes to go get lab work done...EWWWWWW Needles...

Except for one time, my girlfriend and I both needed to get some lab work done and decided to go together. We joked and laughed the entire time saying things like "Who has more fun than us" and having a "Who had more blood drawn" contest (She won cause she also had to pee in a cup)...

Moving on...

Well, of course I was a little anxious but then I remembered God's re-assuring words to me "It Is What It Is" and I was fine. When I parked I said a little prayer over this part of my journey and simply asked "Lord, please Bless me today"

As usual it was very crowded and I almost left. "It Is What It Is" OK, I will go in...

To my surprise, there was no line in the lab and my number was called before I even finished my Peeing in the cup (Catching up to you Sue). I noticed one of the Phlebotomists had personalized her area with pictures of Cats and I thought to myself,"She's the one for me" Sure enough she called me over and started taking blood galore (12 vials YIKES!) We were chatting and she asked if I were having Bypass Surgery and I said yes. She then told me that she has never regretted her decision to have the surgery two years ago, we talked a little more and found we even share the same doctor whom she says doesn't give out Bariatric referrals lightly. She was so uplifting and encouraging and again told me it was the best decision she has ever made...I just had to give her a hug.

I then had to get my blood pressure taken in another part of the building. The nurse asked me why I came in and when I told her about myself she asked "Will you be having your procedure in San Diego?" Come to find out, she also had had the surgery, she went on to again confirm it was the best decision she had ever made and was amazingly informative,encouraging and uplifting. Gave her a hug too.

When I got to my car I was crying, I felt so blessed, grateful, and more confident in my decision than ever.

Thank you Lord for Blessing me. There are hundreds of workers in that office, and you guided me to two encouraging Angels named Wanda and Dianne...

All I can say is... Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment