Sunday, February 6, 2011

Reflection Time

This weeks question on the 21 Days To Loving Yourself Challenge I am involved in is Reflection before and after.

One of the things that keeps me focused and reflecting on how blessed I am are the little things I love on my desk. This is what I look at every day.




#1 My girlfriend Susan gave me this cute blingy frame, she told me to put a pic of me each month in it and keep the others in the frame. I can't believe there are two pictures in the frame already and in just a few days I will take another. Troysie has always been happy, but now she shines...

#2 The mini frame was recently given to me by my Aunt Linda, it is a pic of her and my mother as her maid of honor on Linda's wedding day. I love so much that history has repeated itself, they were dear friends and now I am dear friends with her daughters.

#3 A Flower Pokemon, no I don't know the name but Eric does. Eric gave it to me Mother's Day years ago.

#4 Stuffed Animals. I have collected Woodstocks for years, since High School! I LOVE this one my brother recently gave me cause it plays the Peanuts song. I will push its tummy and dance to the tune. I know I am random... The other is Wammy my Little Lamb. She is a bit of a devotional cause I am one of the Lords beloved Sheep and seriously, she screamed at me from the bin in Build A Bear for me to take her home.(Eric was there and he will confirm it) She goes with me on trips and always makes me smile.

#5 My friend Judy gave me this cute Cupcake jar and I love putting fun little stuff in it like a little Lovebug my Stevie gave me, cause we are little Lovebugs.

#6 the Pen Holder is the first object I ever Tole Painted, I look at it and say "I did that?" It is pretty.

#7 Now Extra points if you know what is in the little basket behind my pic?





My "Homies" Cholos!!! They are something I have collected for years in honor of my Mexican Heritage and well, if you grew up in Azusa in the 80's like I did you know why these make me smile...

It may look like clutter to some, but to me, it is love and I smile with gratitude every day for my simple blessed life.

1 comment: