Sunday, January 23, 2011

Working on my Heart

My New Years Resolution (And Prayer) was to develop a heart for exercise.

So... Back to work meant back to the Gym.

I LOVE my work schedule, it leaves a perfect spot each day for a trip to my Gym Curves. I love the ladies there, they make me feel loved and cared about and I need that support now. It is just plain fun.BUT of course life gets in the way and I have not been able to go every day but I have gone three times a week since I have been back to work and I think that is a great start. I EVEN went on a Saturday morning which is normally my sleep in day.

I joined the Cities walking club which is free and gave me a cool shirt and walking goodies. The first night we walked two miles and I have to say that was a little much for me I paid the price with a very very sore knee for several days which I aggravated each time I walked thereafter. I decided to take it easy on my knee and took shorter walks which helped a great deal. I think I will be ready to try the two mile walk again really soon.

We have always laughed in our house cause our Dog Yogi gets all excited whenever Steve or Eric grabs his leash cause he knows he is going for a walk or a trip to the Dog Park however, when I grab his leash he looks at me like "I don't want to go to the Doctors" Well, even Yogi is starting to get excited when I grab his leash cause Mom is now taking him on Walkies too.

Baby Steps, Baby Steps... But I feel my heart is growing...

No comments:

Post a Comment