Monday, January 17, 2011

It's about time for an Update


Bless me father for I have been ignoring my writing, it has been two months since my last confessional blog and I know the record of this journey is suffering because of it.

I so intended to have a detailed account of my weight loss journey but alas, I have failed.

But it is a new year and time to reconcile myself...So let's just go on from here...(This is me leaving the hospital)

So How am I doing?

CRAZY GOOD!!!!

This entire experience has been incredible! I believe that because of my age, faith, and the education I received from my insurance I was SOOOOOO ready for this change. My surgery went amazingly well and I have been pain free since day two. I expected to look and feel like I did when I had a c-section but it was nothing like that at all. I have five incisions all under one inch in length on my stomach but really it looks like only three cause two are the size of pimples. I expected to feel something different because I had my Gall Bladder removed as well but still I was pain free. I guess I had stones but luckily I didn't have any symptoms that I was aware of. So all in all, my recovery has gone extremely well and my biggest problem was resting when I did not want to. I simply felt great. Everyone was amazed cause I looked and sounded like my normal self. Life is sweet.

Recovery in Month one went really well. We were so blessed initially with friends bringing meals for the guys and soups for me. I know it looked like I was eating baby food but I completely loved my Thanksgiving squash soup. I felt so blessed.

So far, I have had no problem staying within my eating plan and had only one bout of something not agreeing with me when I ate soup too quickly. I feel God has given me the strength to be free to enjoy the food I eat and still cook for my family. I have tried to make meals similar to my families that are within my plan, some have been good, some are downright Nasty so they go in the trash cause one vow I made to myself was that everything I ate would have flavor.



By month one I was feeling really great but not quite ready to go back to work. I was so grateful for Gods wonderful timing that placed my surgery date smack in the middle of school holidays thus extending my recovery leave by two weeks. Score!

When Christmas arrived I was feeling so wonderful and up to everything I love to do including all my baking. Again God gave me the strength to avoid my favorite cookies. I did try one and it sat on my stomach like a ton of bricks. I thanked the Lord for curbing my desire for sweets and I had completely NO DESIRE for chocolates of any kind. NOT EVEN SEES!!! We had a Blessed Christmas.

January brought me back to work, a few sizes smaller and much more energetic. I had such a nice long recovery period I was so ready to go.

My New Years Resolutions...

Stick to my Eating plan...

Develop a Heart for Exercise...

So far So Good!

Today is my Two Month Surgiversary! (got that word from a girlfriend and since I am a stealer, I am so using it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment